About Me

My photo
I made this blog as an update for my mission trip in Thailand. I have a huge passion to try and do the right thing. I strongly believe God is in everything I do, which is why I am going to Thailand. I am dedicating a month to the youth hostel in Chiang Mai in an attempt to serve Christ. I will be teaching english and doing whatever it is that the owners of the hostel needs. I will be meeting two women there for two weeks where we will have a womens bible study with the Thai girls there. I am very much looking forward to Gods plan.

Followers


Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Update about my classes

Everything is going great over here! The children are God sent :D

I have been wondering if God wanted me to be here instead of back home. This concern taught me a valuable lesson... During the days it can get lonely while the kids are at school. I wonder why I came all the way here just to sit and wait until 4:30 to spend time with the kids before I have to teach. I was not feeling like I was making a difference. So I began to pray about it. The weekend came and I went out to play with the kids and they were so excited to see me that they came running up to me and started wanting to play games. We made paper airplanes, did cartwheels in the grass and had a blast! Eventually all the other kids started warming up to me and began to play with me too! It is amazing to know that I God had something to show me! God used these kids to show me how to enjoy what I have and realized that I have been blessed. It is safe to say that I believe that boredom and loneliness is a choice. God gave life to me so I can live it, not to be unsatisfied with it! So during the day while the kids are at school, that is my chance to walk around, help around the hostel, focus on the lesson plans and relax. Thank you God for what you show me!

Classes are going well. I would say 50% of the kids are keeping up with the information I have been giving them. The other half, dont pay attention :P Some of the older students are taking English classes so I get to help them with their homework after my classes are finished.

Before going to bed, if I see any of the soccer players with a soccer ball, I take that as an opportunity to play soccer with them and try to get somewhat decent at it. So far, I have been able to take the ball from them a couple times!

Playing checkers is fun. The rule is, if someone sets you up to jump them, you must jump even if there is another checker they are going to use to jump your checker as soon as your turn is done! Last time I came here I never won, but so far this time I have won twice and I consider myself the Beckham of Checkers now! The kids helped me win, but I ignore that fact :P

Last night I was able to stay for my first two classes, where we learned how to spell more vocab words like hat, cat, dog, tree, you, me, boy, girl, ect... It was tons of fun and my classes are really starting to show their true colors! The girls in my first three classes are always ahead of the guys and most of the guys pretend like they listen but then go blank when I call on them. After my fourth class every night, some kids come into the classroom to ask for help on their homework for their english classes

The English classes at school are very different. Most kids have a teacher that is very old so therefore they have homework problems that use the slang of the olden days a rat will abandon a ____ and ____ ship. Woah.

Please pray for one of the little kids. tonight He came running up clutching his throat. Apparently he swallowed a staple and it is stuck in his throat! He will probably have to go to the hospital to get it removed. I'm sure this is a scary experience for him. Please also pray for Jessica and Abbey as they travel this weekend! I am very excited to see them and I hope they are just as excited to see me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment