About Me

My photo
I made this blog as an update for my mission trip in Thailand. I have a huge passion to try and do the right thing. I strongly believe God is in everything I do, which is why I am going to Thailand. I am dedicating a month to the youth hostel in Chiang Mai in an attempt to serve Christ. I will be teaching english and doing whatever it is that the owners of the hostel needs. I will be meeting two women there for two weeks where we will have a womens bible study with the Thai girls there. I am very much looking forward to Gods plan.

Followers


Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 5, 2011

June 3rd-5th

Okay... Sorry that I have not been writing daily. I feel that it is better to post every other or few days so that everyone can get a summary as a whole :)
June 3rd God truly blessed me because I decided that I was only going to focus on teaching the smaller kids the alphabet because I could tell that a few of them were having trouble paying attention in class with the few children that did not feel like learning :P So, one by one I would go over the alphabet on a sheet of paper with the kids and ask them to write it down without looking at the board... It was a success! at the end of class the kids were so happy the knew their abc's that each individual raised their hand so that they could stand up in front of the class and say it all by themselves!!!! Then they said a prayer that just took my breath away. Otherwise that day I played with the kids for a little bit :)

June 4th (yesterday) I focused mainly on the older kids but since it was a saturday a lot of them did not make it to the classroom because they either had chores or were not interested in learning English. We focused mainly on sentences. I learned one thing is that the ones that are taking english courses in school are not being taught pronunciation accurately or how to spell for that matter. so we spent a good deal with their l's and r's... To them, they sound the same. so saying things like "rolex" is not easy :P After class I played on the swings with some of the girls and sat on the teeter-totter... That made me feel like aI gained a few pounds... but after three or four kids got on the other side I finally went up. We then kicked a ball around but after awhile some of the boys joined in... which was fine, until some more boys joined in and decided not to let the girls play with it. I then played hide and seek, rock, paper, scissors and tag.

It has been raining almost every night here and I wake up not feeling too well and coughing up a bunch of flem. Please pray that my health increases. I went to a pharmacy today (you dont need prescriptions for most of the meds) and took some, but taking medication has always scared me, its like saying, "i give up" on letting my body naturally heal itself. but I figured that since I am in a different country, it would probably be best to knock whatever is in me out and just double up on my probiotics :D

please pray for health and to bless those around me in thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment