About Me

My photo
I made this blog as an update for my mission trip in Thailand. I have a huge passion to try and do the right thing. I strongly believe God is in everything I do, which is why I am going to Thailand. I am dedicating a month to the youth hostel in Chiang Mai in an attempt to serve Christ. I will be teaching english and doing whatever it is that the owners of the hostel needs. I will be meeting two women there for two weeks where we will have a womens bible study with the Thai girls there. I am very much looking forward to Gods plan.

Followers


Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17th, Friday

Today was significant. This morning I went for a walk by myself around the neighborhood and down the main street. The people are pleasant, however, some people do not know their boundaries. There were a couple times where I would see the same person drive by me a couple times and say something to me. At one point another guy rode his bicycle up to me and asked where I was going. So my suggestion for girls is to not walk alone if you are uncomfortable with strange men, which should be every woman. Anyways, The scenery is beautiful. flowers are in bloom everywhere!!!

We went out and bought some paint for the study rooms and the play ground today. This will most likely be a week long project with the weather and the kids contributing. I am so excited! These kids are so amazing and it just astounds me how trustworthy they are and how much they can do when they put their minds to it. Some of them are in 3rd and 4th grade and already know two languages!

Tonight we played games like hangman on the board. We then played a game of thumb war and sang head, shoulders, knees and toes over and over again. It was a true blessing.

For dinner we went to a friday market in the neighborhood. There was a ton of food made. While walking past a display of fish on a table one of them literally started flopping around!!!!!!! I then realized that they were all still alive and the one that was flopping around was just put there. This changed my definition of the word "fresh" as far as the condition of food goes.

I am looking forward to seeing my future sister Jessica and her wonderful friend Abbey tomorrow afternoon! I cant wait to spend a whole week with them doing things and having fun!!!!

The kid with the staple in his throat is out the of the hospital and back at the hostel. Thank you if anyone prayed for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment