I have been blessed with Jessica Williams and Abby Wartick as my missionary partners in Christ. They will be helping me this week with teaching my four classes. Abby will be teaching the two younger classes for 30 minutes each and Jessica will be teach the middle school kids for about an hour and I will stick with the older kids.
Please pray that Jessica and Abby will be able to lead a girls bible study with some of the girls so that they can share the word of God and encourage them to stay strong in the faith. Some girls at the Hostel claim that they are not Christians even though they are living at a christian Hostel. I must stress the importance of this. Whether you are with the lord or not, you are still welcome in his church. I am glad to see that there are people here that do not know the lord, because they have been given the blessing to see God work through the Hostel.
Jessica and Abby sat in my saturday class to see what it is that I am teaching them so that they would know what to start off with their classes!!! We painted the playground equipment Saturday. The rusty teeter totters, slide and monkey bars now look like a blue and yellow collage of awesomeness!!!
The people are so friendly! They warmed up to Jessica and Abby instantly. After painting, we played with them for a little while before going to bed.
The next morning we went on a jog and I showed them the neighborhood. we passed by a buddhist temple and tons of dogs. It is such a beautiful city :D
We ate lunch with a group of missionaries afterwards that own a printing company that prints out bibles in several languages. on the bottom floor where we are staying there is a room filled with inspirational books... wedecided that this will be our room for meditation and prayer.
We went to the walking street by the old city wall were we saw many things, ate some good food, and witnessed some random. please check my facebook video if you would like to see how they honor the king of Thailand!!!
This morning we did some more painting in the rooms. I got to pick out the colors, and I must say that they look beautiful!!!!!!!
Please pray that the classes go well tomorrow. In the morning, we are leaving bright and early to drive 45 minutes to the elephant reservation where they let you ride the elephants and watch the elephant show. It is very obvious that these elephants are treated with respect... They roam around and they are trained from birth to accept humans as a part of their daily lives. They kinda act like dogs in a way. They get excited when they do tricks and get to play in the water by swinging their tusks around.
After the elephants we will be visiting "Tiger Kingdom" where we will play with baby tigers!!! no worries because we will try to buy the pictures they take of us (to make money, the place wont allow you to bring cameras into the tigers cage. Last time I was there I was in the adult tigers cage one of the tigers came up to me as if i was a toy and the guy working there had to hit the cat on the nose to remind him who was in charge... Luckily I was not a ragdoll that day.
We will also be zip lining through the Thai Jungle either Wednesday or Thursday. I am looking forward to this as an opportunity to trust in God and to get over my fear of heights.
Even though I thought that I was no success in this trip, God has really provided me with the strength to understand and to be patient that I have been mulling over and praying about constantly for quite some time now. I have always been an easily intimidated person, but this trip has really been a wonderful opportunity to see that God always has a sense of humor about things and that everything will work out. I must admit that yesterday I did feel like a little part of me was starting to doubt what I am capable of and God used Jessica to give me a mental slap and tell me what I needed to hear. No worries, God wasnt too harsh. Just harsh enough, as always.
Please pray that this is the new me and it will stay the new me. I love the way God made me and I am starting to really feel him where ever I go. For sometime I always just guessed where he was and tried to follow, but Satan always used that as an opportunity to get in the way and lead me down the wrong path. I am so happy to be engaged to a man that is striving for Christ day in and day out, To have two dads (one future)that are humble and study Gods word with an open heart, two mothers(one future) that shows me that things dont come easy and to have a sense of humor, the brothers(some future) that remind me that there is always someone that loves me, future sisters that show me how to be a Godly woman, friends that have supported me throughout this trip ( I consider them to be true outstanding friends), and a God that isn't fair because I know that if he was, I wouldnt deserve any of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment