About Me

My photo
I made this blog as an update for my mission trip in Thailand. I have a huge passion to try and do the right thing. I strongly believe God is in everything I do, which is why I am going to Thailand. I am dedicating a month to the youth hostel in Chiang Mai in an attempt to serve Christ. I will be teaching english and doing whatever it is that the owners of the hostel needs. I will be meeting two women there for two weeks where we will have a womens bible study with the Thai girls there. I am very much looking forward to Gods plan.

Followers


Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 6th and 7th

Okay. So classes are starting to get harder for me to come up with things... A lot of the kids in my last two classes barely pay attention and it is frustrating because those who dont listen just keep holding the ones that are learning back. the first two classes of the day are with the little ones and they all are doing great! Some of the boys like to misbehave but the girls are very attentive and encourage the boys to pay attention.
These past two days have been really frustrating with my last two classes because I am running out of ways of teaching so that they will understand my next lesson. I just feel like talking nonstop and hope that eventually they will catch on :P I know it doesnt work that way and that I need to pray for more patience.

A lot of the kids come to class straight from playing seeing as it is their free time right before class. The younger kids like to play tag and hide and seek which is a lot of fun since they usually look for the only american girl hiding with a group of Thai kids behind a small bush. The older girls either play volleyball or sit around and talk. The boys play soccer!

Two of the boys from the youth hostel got picked out of dozens and dozens of kids in Chiang Mai trying out for a soccer team!!! Their first game is this Saturday! I will be there and will be taking loads of pictures! I brought to Thailand a pair of soccer shoes that I had sitting around in my closet that were brand new and gave it to one of the boys. He was so excited that even though they were a little big he would wear thick socks so that they would fit :P I might go to the store tomorrow to see if I can buy another pair for the other kid!!! These are real soccer players.

No comments:

Post a Comment