After having a chat with Tessanee I have some acknowledgements and concerns came across about the Hostel.
For those who have been sponsoring the Hostel, there has been a lot of progress with the living environment the children live in as well as their health. For the kids that have been supported individually, they are going to school and are doing well. God has truly blessed them with people that care about them and most of them can see that and dont take it for granted. There have been improvements such as painting the rooms, fixing the electricity (that has randomely been turning off), paying the staff that look after the kids, tutor the kids and clean up after the kids. There are about 80 kids at the hostel now and they are all getting by.
There are some improvements that Bob and Tessanee pray to be underway soon. There are a few kids at the hostel that own or use a computer for school. They currently have a room that they can use to access computers to type things up. The only dilemma is that there are no printers, scanners or copiers to help when they need an essay printed, or need something scanned or copied for a project. They are working with their budget to install those items as well as get internet installed so the kids can do research during the afternoons after school.
For those looking to begin supporting or furthering their support. There are a couple issues that the hostel has come across. Even though the kids are able to have a meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the cost of meat has gone up. The hostel must increase their income eventually or they will have to make cuts in other areas or increase tuition to cover the cost. If anyone would like to donate for a bag of rice, it is about $30. For 30 kilo of meat per week, the hostel is now spending about $100.
If anyone is looking to support a child, I would like to introduce you to a girl named Nanuwa. Her parents do not have the money to pay for her school, food or housing. Nanuwa has taken it upon herself to work at the hostel to cover her living expenses, but there is the problem about food and school. The cost for food per month is $20 and her tuition for the school is about $150 per year. That would be about $33 per month to support her. If you are interested please send me, Tessanee, Bobby, Josh or Krystle about how to sponsor a kid. Her parents are thinking about bringing her home and not letting her go to school.
Thank you for reading this post. It is very important that these children get the education they deserve. I will keep you posted on any concerns or blessings! God bless!
Prayer requests-
For the health of the kids for the new school year
safe travels for Bobby
income for the hostel
Nanuwa and other kids that may be facing the same issue
This is an update of before, during and after my mission trip overseas. Anyone that wants to know what is going on is more than welcome to view this blog :D
About Me
- Sally Sommerfeldt
- I made this blog as an update for my mission trip in Thailand. I have a huge passion to try and do the right thing. I strongly believe God is in everything I do, which is why I am going to Thailand. I am dedicating a month to the youth hostel in Chiang Mai in an attempt to serve Christ. I will be teaching english and doing whatever it is that the owners of the hostel needs. I will be meeting two women there for two weeks where we will have a womens bible study with the Thai girls there. I am very much looking forward to Gods plan.
Blog Archive
Followers
Total Pageviews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment