About Me

My photo
I made this blog as an update for my mission trip in Thailand. I have a huge passion to try and do the right thing. I strongly believe God is in everything I do, which is why I am going to Thailand. I am dedicating a month to the youth hostel in Chiang Mai in an attempt to serve Christ. I will be teaching english and doing whatever it is that the owners of the hostel needs. I will be meeting two women there for two weeks where we will have a womens bible study with the Thai girls there. I am very much looking forward to Gods plan.

Followers


Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Update London-Berlin Prayer needed!

London
Thank you for everyones concerns of my trip. Your prayers have been heard... and so have your suggestions. Many of you have requested I bring mace on my trip to protect myself. This was a good idea. Before getting on The London Eye a woman was looking through everyones bag asking if we had anything that may cause danger. I pulled out the mace I was carrying at the time and gave it to the lady. She calmly took it. Taped a number to it, told me she was going to have to call the police. She said it happens every once in a while because surrounding countries as well as the USA allow women to have mace and no one realizes that it is illegal to have in London. She told me to ride the London Eye and to talk to the police when I got off and nothing further would happen. after the ride, two police officers that looked ridiculous in their outfits came up to me and first thing they did was pull out my mace and say, “we are going to have to arrest you.” Apparently it is their new policy that they must arrest, search and interview each individual that is found with mace before deciding whether they are innocent. Mace is treated like a gun in London, but only the officers are issued one. Apparently mine was stronger than theirs. They drove me to the station, searched my person, took my finger prints, the typical profile picture, and my DNA. During the interview they were more baffled than I was, mainly because when I told them I got it online in the USA for $7 they just could not get over that. Clearly I didnt mean any harm and they let me go. 
I am officially a criminal in London! 
I hope you are proud mom and dad! I love you! Don’t be mad, I’m sure I wont get caught next time :D  
Paris

Paris was lovely. nothing bad happened while I was there. I can see why everyone says that they dont like Americans though. My opinion though is that it is because we as Americans want to go to Paris to view the city of love. Focusing on the art and architecture, we ignore the common courtesies the French hold dear. Learning the basics of their language and saying hello, goodbye and thank you to the store owners in a sincere fashion is kinda all they are wishing for. The food was delicious! the most amazing food. The French men definitely lived up to their expectations when blowing kisses to pretty ladies (me) :) The laws are different in Paris as well. While walking down the street I witnessed a man literally walk to the curb, pull out his “thing” and take a leak. people just kept walking by as if it is natural to see that. I was shocked and it still haunts my mind. Please pray for those who are stuck in the every day rut of Paris and that their eyes are opened to the possibilities and hope that they can see how much God has blessed them.

VOLCANO!!!
I am currently sitting in the Berlin Airport. Upon arrival, I had no idea that I was going to be told that all the airlines are closed until further notice due to a volcano that had erupted in Iceland. Hopefully they will reopen soon if there is no more sign of volcanic activity in the surrounding countries. German camera crews, reporters and newspaper photographers are everywhere. If you are in Germany, go to a news channel and you might see me walking around in the background... lost and confused :P It’s alright though, God has blessed me with a Starbucks:) Everyone speaks fluent English here too!! Please pray that I wont have to stay overnight in the airport. I am hoping I get to Bangkok before my final flight from Bangkok to Chiang Mai because it is not a connecting flight. This means I will have to collect my luggage and recheck my bag. If I cannot make my last flight in time due to this layover, please pray that I will be able to get onto my next flight free of charge. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers, I can tell that there are people that love me. Also, please pray for the people in the Berlin airport that were supposed to be traveling but now cannot. It is getting crowded and pray that they have peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment