About Me

My photo
I made this blog as an update for my mission trip in Thailand. I have a huge passion to try and do the right thing. I strongly believe God is in everything I do, which is why I am going to Thailand. I am dedicating a month to the youth hostel in Chiang Mai in an attempt to serve Christ. I will be teaching english and doing whatever it is that the owners of the hostel needs. I will be meeting two women there for two weeks where we will have a womens bible study with the Thai girls there. I am very much looking forward to Gods plan.

Followers


Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2011

may 26th-28th

Arrived in Chiang Mai in the evening and Bobby picked me up from the airport. He has a hurting knee and cant go visit the doctor until later, he is also traveling to the Burma border and back to meet with people there. Please keep him in your prayers as he travels. Some of the children and teens living at the hostel remember me which is nice. There is a huge language barrier and they are all dealing with school so I dont really have anyone to talk to. I am already shy as it is and I don’t want to come off as withdrawn. Please pray that I become more open to people with an ability to learn the language. It is pretty hard trying to have a conversation. It is full of pointing, making happy, sad and sleepy faces. Went to the bookstore to buy lesson plans for the kids. There are going to be three classes.

1.) elementary- This is for the kids under 6th grade. I will be teaching them the American ABC’s and how to sound them out.
2.)6th and up Beginners- This class is for those who are older but dont know any english. They will be at a fast pace by touching base on the alphabet and then learning words and phrases.
3.) 6th and up Advanced- Some of the teens know a little bit of english. This class will be mainly for them. We will be quickly going over common words and phrases then starting with making sentences. 
Each class lasts about an hour. I hope that in teaching this class, I will be able to get to become friends with them as they get to know me. 
I am dealing with jet lag pretty bad seeing as it is about a 12 hour difference. So while I am going to bed, at home I would be getting up. I hope to attain some of the Thai RedBull soon so I can make it through the afternoon! I will be posting again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment