This is an update of before, during and after my mission trip overseas. Anyone that wants to know what is going on is more than welcome to view this blog :D
About Me
- Sally Sommerfeldt
- I made this blog as an update for my mission trip in Thailand. I have a huge passion to try and do the right thing. I strongly believe God is in everything I do, which is why I am going to Thailand. I am dedicating a month to the youth hostel in Chiang Mai in an attempt to serve Christ. I will be teaching english and doing whatever it is that the owners of the hostel needs. I will be meeting two women there for two weeks where we will have a womens bible study with the Thai girls there. I am very much looking forward to Gods plan.
Blog Archive
Followers
Total Pageviews
Sunday, May 29, 2011
may 29th!
Today the rainy season I strongly believe gave us a good glimpse of the weeks to come. There is a baptist Missionary group that rents out one of the spaces in the Hostel area. during the bar-b-q they were having clouds just came out of no where and within minutes it was pouring down rain. There was church today that lasted for about three hours just like last night and the night before. There were times where they would open up their bible and read something so I would open up my bible and read with them. Other than that, I had NO idea what they were talking about... I took another Motorcycle back to the Hostel. Jet lag is kicking in pretty badly but everyone here notices that I am tired and keep trying to make me go to bed... How do I explain this... I need to stay awake. They find me crazy. Today is a little better with the kids. I finally remembered how to ask them what their name is and some other phrases. There is a girl here named Saishon who is the nicest girl I have ever met. She literally cares about the people around her and has made me feel very welcome. Her friend Sukanya can speak English pretty well and so when someone wants to say something to me, they usually end up getting her to translate. Sukanya lived in Canada for a little while and was taught some english. I do not know why she came back though. I am sharing a room with Sukanya as well as a girl named Pam. I hope it is okay with them I stay up so late. Bobby is doing good. He has been very busy trying to maintain the hostel. Tomorrow is the first day of classes so please pray that it is a success!!! God bless!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment